Saturday, November 19, 2011

When did you start using a swing with your baby?

At what age did you start using a swing with your baby? Is it something we should leave packed up in the beginning or do you start using it within the first month or two? Thanks.|||I started him in a swing about a month old. You just have to support his head with blankets on each side, they like the swing and it gives you a break. its a lifesaver.|||I put my son in his swing the very first day we brought him home. He has one of those cradle n swing ones that let him almost lay down in it so I didn't have to worry about him slumping over or anything. If you have a regular swing just roll blankets around your baby and that should hold the baby in place...if it doesn't seem like its working then wait until they are bigger and try again.|||We first used a swing with our son when he was maybe a week old. He didn't tolerate it for long, so it didn't get much use for the first two months. Then at about two and a half months he started wanting to be held a little less and started spending more time in the swing. Now at 3 months he spends about 20-30 minutes in it 3-4 times a week while I fold laundry or cook dinner or do other chores.|||You can start using it right away. It's a great tool to keep them occupied or help them fall asleep.





For the first few weeks, you might have to roll up some blankets and put them on the baby's sides to keep them supported.|||I used it oin the first week...probably 3 times a week around 10 minutes. Sometimes he seems happy in it...other times he cries and I get him out|||I think we used it week 1 or 2. It is great to help the baby sleep.|||I started using the swing from birth! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment