Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How can I stop uppercutting on my baseball swing?

Im on my high school baseball team and have been hitting a lot of popups lately because Im uppercutting during my swing. How can I level out my swing?|||There are many possible reasons for the pop ups and solutions but this should help.


First, Be sure you are not overstriding as this often causes your body to lower, your hands to drop and an inability to transfer your weight.


Otherwise here are a couple of drills to try.


Set a batting tee even with your back hip and at least hip high. Take some swings coming over the tee but leveling off in the hitting zone. Have a coach flip some balls into the hitting zone and hit the ball by first missing the tee stem.


If you have a second tee, put a tee slightly out front of home and the second one a little out front of the first one. The tee closest to the pitcher should be about three inches above the back tee. Set a ball on both and work on missing the back ball but hitting the lead one. Any drop in the bat barrel will cause you to hit the back ball, which is incorrect.|||well a good swing would be to first take a stride


then you want to lower your shoulders and bring in your arms


then just folow through|||The way I see it, its not a big problem and there are two available solutions.





1st: choke up on the bat to balance out some of the weight so it doesnt dip as much on the far end.





2nd: As your hands are coming through the zone, roll your right hand over the top of the bat a little to keep it level. (or left if your a lefty)





I am a huge frisbee player and one of my biggest problems is throwing a forehand while keeping it level. Naturally, I just want to let my wrist free and rel;ease it but that doesnt work. What Ive done is to basically concentrate on keeping my hand level when I throw it and I think its kinda the same for you. When you are about to swing, just concentrate a little harder on keeping your bat level.





I hope it works out for you.|||Dont roll your wrist. It will completely turn you the opposite way and you will be grounding out to short or second every time depending if youre right or left handed. Practice getting your hands through the zone first and having your right elbow almost locked at point of contact or vice versa for lefty. Keep your weight back more as well it will keep you from popping up with no power.|||set up a tee and practice swinging at it. If you set the tee up in your mid chest are you could be practicing a nice level swing|||try hitting off a tee|||when you are about to swing your hands are probably dropping...focus on keeping them up. I had the same problem trust me this works

No comments:

Post a Comment