Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How can I build a sturdy swing set frame?

I'd like to know what I need to build a swing set frame for two older children ages 10 and 11 that's at least 10 ft. high (my son has autism and he loves to swing very high). I'd like the posts to sit in the ground. Thanks in advance for your help!|||Use 4x4 posts and build an "A" frame structure w/ 4x4 sitting on top. I would steer clear of pressure treated lumber b/c when you get a splinter, they will get infected. Use clear cedar or redwood. Use steel brackets from the home center to put it all together.



Another solution is to seek out the AMISH who in NJ, DEL, MD and PA have set up outdoor locations where they sell sheds and outdoor furniture. I am sure they operate the same in many part of the country. They often deliver and set up the product.



Your time is worth something, and to have it built correctly and safely is worth the added cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment