Saturday, November 19, 2011

How should I go about becoming a police officer when I work a swing shift.?

I have always wanted to be a police officer and now that I'm 26 I feel that I should do what a truly want with my life. I currently work a 12 hour swing shift where I have 14 days off. Not in a row though. I dont want to have to quit my job while training. Anyone have any ideas on what to do?|||Unfortunately I do believe that you WILL have to quit your job.


Most officers (at least in my state) are not permitted to work other jobs without approval from the starched shirts.


Not much chance that you will be allowed to miss TRAINING to attend your other job....furthermore, there is a huge chance that you will work a conflicting shift on the police force since some forces work 8 hour shifts...ANY 8 hour shift will conflict with other job in some way.


If you get accepted into the training class, why not go to your boss and ask for a leave of absence (non paid of course) that way if the cop thing does not work out you will have that to fall back on.|||You don't want much, do you. If you are accepted for training you WILL have to quit your present job. Most PDs require anywhere from 10 to 16 weeks of intensive trailing, and during that time you are on the payroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment