Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How do I prepare a tire for making a swing?

I have a huge oak tree in the back yard and I want to put up a tire swing for my 2 youngest children(ages 8 and 10).I'm wondering what are the proper steps to take in order to keep the tire from getting the kids clothes dirty/black.Any suggestions that are proven to be effective?|||You can clean the tire off with nothing more than soap and water before hanging it, and drill holes in the bottom of the tire to let rainwater drain out. You'll still need to clean leaves out of the tire from time to time. Bottom line is that kids will sit on top of the tire to sit / spin, they'll smack into the tree, they'll lay through the tire and swing / spin while watching the ground (then stagger away %26amp; fall if they're dizzy from spinning ;-) the possibilities are endless!


Bottom line is that it's a tire swing and they're gonna get dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment