Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I become a more accurate swing bowler in cricket?

I am swing bowler. I am not very accurate, maybe 2 or 3 balls an over going where I aim. Is the anything i can do to improve my accuracy? I have a net once a week|||First, practice placing the seam position correctly, ie whichever way you want. Make it point towards the first slip for out swing and towards fine leg for in swing. You may ask the wicket keeper to check the correctness of your seam position while you bowl if you can't see it yourself. Keep practicing in the net session until you get this correct like 5 out of 6 times. Keeping the seam position correct it one of the most important thing in swing bowling for beginners.


It might also depend on the condition of the ball and the wind. Practicing with new ball will help more.|||Hi,


Firstly if you're really serious about this, more practice time will obviously help! More time spent in the nets will help you perfect your technique as you will start to realise what you do differently to get a lot of swing and therefore be able to use this all the time.


I would also suggest watching lots of Jimmy Anderson to get some tips as he truly is the best swing bowler in the world! A little of Graham Onions wouldn't hurt either as he's pretty good too, and will hopefully soon return to the England set-up! And even if he doesn't, Durham are always a good team to watch!!!


I hope this helps, I wouldn't call myself an expert but I watch an awful lot of Cricket so my advice may be worth something!





P.S. Getting one side of the ball as rough as possible, and the other equally smooth, will be a great help to you as well, you probably know all this already but it may be helpful! Good Luck!|||Hi Micheal


Bowling is the same as all cricket technique it takes time and lots and lots of practise. What I would suggest for you is to set markers on the wicket where you want to pitch the ball in. It is difficult without seeing you bowl, there could be various things that could be your problem


Micheal all first class bowlers only reach bowling accuracy and control at around 28. So dont get dispondent if you are much younger, but you need to practise much more than once a week, you should be practising every day. If you have access to a coach disscuss the problem with him if you live in North Yorkshire come and see me.


Regards Coach|||Yes you can do this by practice more and more with yourself but not discuss with any other body, you will see that you ball is going just what you want, but one thing ;you have to clear that all ball will not be a swing ball.|||You must better consult with our Akram and Younis Sir, they will guide you

No comments:

Post a Comment