Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How many west coast swing dancers are there in the world?

If not the world, US is fine. Or US, Australia and Europe. I'm looking specifically at West Coast Swing Dancers, not ballroom or "swing" dancers. Must be "West Coast Swing" Dancers. They can dance other dances, but must know how to do basic West Coast Swing. West Coast Swing is a style and is not limited to the west coast of the U.S. Thank you!|||wow that's going to be hard to know.


I do all ballroom dances, plus ECS, and lindy hop which is what WCS originated from.


I CAN do WCS but I prefer ECS because I'm better at it -- so does that make me a WCS dancer?





There are probably 500 people in my "social dance group" and the majority can do some basic WCS, though not all can do it very well (me included)|||West Coast Swing is the ultimate dancers' dance. You can use skills learned from virtually all other forms of dance. It is a lead/follow dance that requires a good connection between leader and follower. West Coast Swing is constantly evolving and changing and can be easily danced to much comtemporary music.





Learning the dance does require some effort, but once you have learned "connection," you are 90% there.





Everyday people are discovering the joys of the dance. I hope there are more West Coast Swing dancers today than yesterday. I meet new WCS dancers every week and I hope this trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment