Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I clean white nylon straps on baby swing?

I am cleaning my daughter's old baby swing and the straps are not removable. They are white, nylon straps and the front part of the straps look like they are stained yellow. We are reusing the swing, and I needed to know the best way to clean the straps. The only thing I can come up with is a bleach/water mixture and letting the straps soak. Thanks!|||Actually your best bet is soap and water....and since you are cleaning something that cannot be tossed into the washing machine, I would use Shaving Cream and water.








Dampen the straps with water. Scrub them with Shaving Cream...any brand is fine as long as it鈥檚 white shaving cream. Then clean with damp cloths.





Shaving cream is nothing but whipped soap that rinses out easily. The last thing you want to use on an item that is not removable is a sudsy soap...you'd never get the suds out. Shaving Cream cleans like magic and then rinses easily.





Plus, it is non-toxic. Very important around your baby.





-|||i have a white sateen in my bedroom my mom gave me. when she gave it to me, she had pinned a throw blanket on it to cover spots and stains. if you use bleach, unfortunately too high of a concentration will yellow the nylon more than it was before. the best item i have found is oxi clean. put some powder in a bowl with water. then take a rag or a toothbrush depending on what you perfere and scrub as much out as you can. just so you know, oxi clean does most of it's work while it's drying, so if you don't notice a huge difference at first, that's okay. let it dry, and if necessary repeat. it should be taken care of within 2 washings. good luck!|||I would use a Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser and wipe down the straps real good then wipe down with water to remove any chemicals.|||Yes, bleach/water mixture would be good but make sure the only bleach you use is Milton (on anything that children touch) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment