Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How to stop my left foot from opening up during my swing?

I have a very hard time keeping my left foot planted during my downswing. Usually when I hit the ball and finish my swing I notice that my left foot has opened up a bit. This causes me to push the ball out the to right. Why does this happen? Should I change my stance? Any good drills for practicing a planted left foot during the swing?|||your left foot isn't what causes you to pull it. I start by setting up my stance with my left foot %26lt;assuming we're both right handed%26gt; flared out at a 45 degree angle. This allows the hips to fully rotate . when i finish my swing I'm on the outside edge of my left foot. What causes you to pull is a rotation of the hips before shifting forward . Imagine a pad a few inches infront of your hip. you want to bump that pad before you start to rotate the hips. During the swing you shift your weight forward and then rotate the hips through. If we don't shift the hips forward and we just turn, then the shoulders have to follow along and thats how we pull shots.|||Seems like you're not balanced on the balls of your feet and your weight isn't distributed correctly. The only way for your front foot to be moving and opening up is if all your weight transfers to your back leg and you then step in transition like a baseball swing to shift your weight. Try placing your weight on the balls of your feet and tilt your body forward over the ball with weight distributed 65% or so toward the front leg at address and pivot around the spine while turning your waist and then let the legs follow naturally. Practice this turn motion will a medicine ball or other ball and make sure your feet do not move.



good luck|||Your hips are opening too soon which causes your stance to open...and there goes your left foot. This often happens when the golfer is concerned with watching to see where the ball is going before he/she actually hits the ball. Don't anticipate watching the ball after you make contact. Concentrate on staying focussed on keeping your head down and looking down the "V" of your arms, then after contact and follow through pick the ball up in the air. This will keep your hips in sinc with your swing and your front foot will not drift.|||A pro tip is to keep the arms straight going into the ball, moving the hips and shoulders in the turn, and place the left foot 1" or 2' in a left angle outward so it will allow full contact with the club head. Your body will give impetus to the club and the ball will go true down the fairway,


Spartawo...|||Plant your body leaning slightly over the ball, weight of the body in the middle of your stance. You need to swing with body and arms together finish your swing|||And you see that as a problem? Check Bobby Jones swing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment